Health & Safety
It is the policy of the Castleblayney Show to safeguard the safety, health and welfare of committee officials, volunteers, members of the general public, contractors or anyone else who may be affected by the activities of the Castleblayney Show.
The requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at work Act 2005 and associated legislation are accepted as being the minimum requirements and, where reasonably practicable, higher standards will be attained.
The main objectives are:
• Prevention of personal injury
• Prevention of damage to property from accident or fire
• Protection of the environment These will be achieved by:
• Providing and maintaining the necessary organisational structure with systems and procedures to manage the Health, Safety and Welfare of the Castleblayney Show effectively and efficiently.
• Providing and maintaining safe plant and equipment for use by the Castleblayney Show. • Providing and maintaining safe systems of transporting, handling and storage of equipment to and from the showgrounds.
• Providing a safe layout of show areas, temporary structures, and all areas for use of the general public. • Ensuring the showgrounds are provided with safe means of access and egress.
• Ensuring sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision is provided throughout the Castleblayney Show organisation to enable people to fulfil their duties without unnecessary risk to their own, their colleagues or the general public’s health, safety and welfare.
Health and Safety are to be given priority over any other Castleblayney Show activities.